Explaining my rating system


Hey guys I just wanted to take a minute to, as the title says, explain my rating system. So if you've read any of my reviews (if you haven't shame on you) you'll notice I don't have a traditional system.

1-10, A-F or any of that, that's because while I am an advocate for, going by what the reviewer said and not just taking a games value by whatever rating it was given, I still wanted to have a rating system, I just wanted to go about it a little differently.

So my rating system consists of Three Positive, and Two Negative outcomes. I will now explain how they all work for those curious.


First is my Bronze Seal of Acceptance



Now this is my lowest positive rating and really the names of these say them all.

The Bronze Seal of Acceptance is for a game that did just enough, whose good outweighs the bad by enough to tip the scale ever so slightly. The game has its problems and while irritating, they aren't enough to ruin the game over all. It's a game I can easily say is decent, probably a guilty pleasure for some gamers out there or fans of the material in the game especially if it's a licensed title. This seal goes to games that are good, but not great.

As of today three games have received this Seal

Next is my Silver Seal of Recommendation



My second positive rating, and oddly enough the one I have awarded the most since I began my reviews.

The Silver Seal of Recommendation is for a game I can find myself recommending. Either to fans of the genre, material, system or in some extreme cases to anyone. It's a game that once again will have problems, but are minor enough that they do little to take away from the game. A Silver Seal game is fun and one I could see myself playing again down the line.

As of today four games have been recommended through this seal

Finally for my positive ratings there is the ever elusive Gold Seal of Satisfacttion



As of writing this no game has received this seal, this seal is saved exclusively for those games that can't be put down. Games that I wake up in the morning and I'm excited because I get to play these, like when I was a kid. A game whose story and characters (if there are any) resonate with me/the player and stick with you, a game that can easily be recommended and deserves to be in the Defiant Parrot Video Game Hall of Fame... which doesn't exist yet but will!!  A game with so few flaws they aren't worth mentioning. Again to this day no game has received this Seal





Now for the two negatives, unlike the other three ratings there's no standard image to go with these, I just find something that sums up the game as a whole.

First is... Nothing. Yeah, think about it imagine you work your ass off for something and you get nothing, no award, no acknowledgement, people forgot you were ever even trying that thing you were working so hard for. I feel this can be one of the coldest ways to describe a game, nothing.

A game whose flaws outweigh everything else that it doesn't even deserve Bronze, a game who will have tiny amounts of good things or good ideas in it. But may as well be sugar sprinkled across a bowl of shit. But even then at least there's something somewhat decent about that bowl of shit.

Because lastly there is...





THE STAMP OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

This is for the game that has nothing redeemable in it (Hercules) A game that irritates, frustrates, insults, and/or Just pisses you off (Hercules) a game that insults every good game, insults the players, and insults whatever material the game failed to represent (Hercules) A game that should be avoided like the plague and if somehow found deserves nothing more than to be destroyed!! (HERCULES)
Destroy it with a Hammer, run it over with your car, Flush it down the toilet, Burn it, Give it to my Ex-Wife, whatever you have to do to save you from this monstrosity do it!!!!!!!


Hercules sucked.

Comments

Popular Posts