Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Teeth of Naros Review

                                    A Journalistic Review by DefiantParrot
                                           *Warning: Contains Spoilers*
                                       Originally Written: April 17, 2018
                                                                                           
Image result for Teeth of Naros DLC
Lucky Me...
Developer: 38 Studios, Big Huge Games
Publisher: 38 Studios, Electronic Arts
Platform: Xbox 360
Genre: Action RPG
Release: September 17, 2002

Back to Amalur! Back to boring plot, uninteresting characters and fetch quests! So many fetch quests!!

Ughh I wasn't looking forward to this, I had a decent amount of fun while playing The Legend of Dead Kel, but what enjoyment I had there, was absolutely gone by the time I played the last piece of DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur, Teeth of Naros.

So this DLC is all about joining an expedition to explore a new land, the titular Teeth of Naros.

This expedition consists of a coward. and two idiots. Well isn't that lovely they can  go join that fuckin' boat captain from last time.

Image result for Secandra kingdoms of amalur
First character from this game I actually really like
So anyway after ditching the Loser Brigade and entering the Teeth of Naros you discover an entire new species, Kollosae. This is one of the very few things I'll praise, these things are cool. They're skin is made of stone yet they still bleed as you do, and the first one you meet named Secandra is actually pretty cool.


Most of that is mainly because of the voice work by April Stewart who is phenomenal but still credit where it's due.

Along with new enemies too, new characters and a bunch of new side quests again if you want more Amalur it's here. But I didn't just want that I wanted improvement. Quests that I cared about and interested me and there's none of that here.

The main story here involves the Kollosae and wanting to regain their glory from their god and blah blah blah fuck I just don't care!

Along with new enemies is the new weapons and armor and these can be pretty cool admittedly and the final boss of this DLC was a tough fight I'll say but Dead Kel is the much better DLC.

Let me see is there anything nice I can say here... Ummm.


The Kollosaes city of Idylla is pretty cool and it's nice to be able to fast travel out of here unlike Dead Kel uhhh...
Related image
The city is actually pretty beautiful

Umm there's some choices to be made here like leaving a potion for someone or saving some slaves, that's cool right? There's a big sewer area under Idylla to explore and there's fast travel points here to make exploring it easy.

Image result for anokatos
Also fuck this guy
That's useful for all the new side missions which are of course some variation of a fetch quest.

The achievements here can be pretty cool to get from a hidden man in the sewers to leaping to your death from the floating city that was kinda funny.

Yeah okay I got nothing here, why were these DLC's the way they were why was there no major improvement on the main game, I'm pretty sure they're financial trouble is the reason for that, and while I sympathize, I'm not holding back here.

What I do know is I am never picking up this game again.





Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Teeth of Naros receives no seal. It doesn't deserve it.

i wish this game as a whole could've gotten a sequel, but as for now I am just so fucking done with Amalur.

Image result for Fuck my life
Final thoughts on Amalur here ladies and gentleman

Feel free to follow me on Twitter!       






Comments

Popular Posts